solarstorm

solarstorm

Sunday, February 1, 2015

So the Japan Tour DVD is here...



"저 한테 있어서 음악은 어... 솔직히 말하면 이제 그냥... 음악이... 아직 멀었지만, 쪼끔씩, 쪼끔씩, 제가 되어가는 것 같아요."
"To me, music is, mm... to be honest with you, now it's just... music is... although still a long way to go, little by little, is becoming me, it seems."

Hmm. Deep. I don't know what exactly he means by that but there it is. I guess I was expecting a lot of "아무래두...", which is his No. 1 pet phrase, but instead he speaks tons of Japanese throughout this DVD (well, naturally - it's the Japan Tour DVD, what did you expect?). Personally, I much prefer it when he speaks in English because his English speaking voice is so much sexier. But I guess it's just me. Well, all in all, I enjoyed watching him being playful while being so perfect and liked seeing him with his face unshaven and hair (again) perfectly tousled.

2 comments:

  1. Haha. A bit cryptic isn't he? (Sometimes I wonder what kind of stuff he reads... perhaps One Piece encourages these philosophical musings?)

    Can't wait for my copy of the DVD (since its being shipped out with my Memorial Collection versions, I have to wait for another 2 weeks!) But it would be interesting watching both the Seoul and Tokyo concerts close together to see how the same concert has changed a bit. Honestly, I think letting his hair down (literally and figuratively!) made a difference in his performance style.

    One of the best parts of the concerts for me are the Q&As so I'm hoping some kind person subs the Japan tour extras for non-Japanese speakers. His interactions with the fans speaks volumes at how much he loves them and how happy he is to be on stage. Touring has really been a dream come true...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! He looks genuinely happy answering questions and interacting with the women in the audience with "heart eyes", being playful and trying to be honest at the same time. Sadly, my Japanese is very rudimentary and not good enough to do any decent translation but I managed to understand some of the questions because they appeared as on-screen text (thank god). Well, YB is very impressive, being fully in command of every aspect of putting the show together and making sure everyone's happy. But at one point he says he actually had a hard time finding the right expressions while interpreting for the YG Japan staff and his band, which makes me wonder, wait a minute, there wasn't anybody who could do that for him at YG Japan? Well, I guess that's YG for you! Gahhhh I really didn't want to say anything negative about anyone or anything but I just can't help it haha. Guess I am a negative person who needs Taeyang's warmth and positive energy to have balance in her life.

    ReplyDelete